Subject: EZ vs. Zip
From: Mike McBride <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:42:37 -0800

I own the Syquest EZ-135 and am very please with it's performance. It's
nearly as fast as my internal HDs, and is very well built. I had my hands on
the Zip initially and returned it without giving it a try. I just didn't
like the construction (very lightweight). The Zip has many excellent
features though, and in all fairness, should be tried out before making your
decision. For me it came down to three things:

 1. The speed. The EZ is twice as fast (13ms vs. 27ms read time).
 2. It hold 35Mbs more than the Zip, which means I can hold the same amount
of frames on three Syquest disks, as on four Zip disks. (Saves $20.00)
 3. Most of my clients and friends, who've been using Syquest removables for   
years, stayed with Syquest and got the EZ. 

Hope this helps, (Please let us *not* start a Zip vs. EZ war!) ;^)

Mike

<<Anybody got any input on the merits of the Easy Drive versus the Zip 
drive?>>
.                 Michael McBride/CYBERGRAFX.3D
.                   [email-masked]